Friday, September 7, 2012

Puerto Princesa: Kinabuchs Grill and Bar


If you have read my blog about our Puerto Princesa trip, then you might be wondering why we went to Kinabuchs even though we had our buffet dinner already at the Firefly Watching Tour on our 2nd night. The answer is… Curiosity! Haha! We only have 2 nights in Puerto Princesa and we just couldn’t bare the regret of not having to experience it, which by the way is also one of the famous restaurants there (thanks to Rani for the info). Don’t worry; we made sure we had enough space in our stomach for Kinabuchs hehe!

Locals say that the name Kinabuchs came from the Tagalog words “kina Buch” (at Buch’s) because the name of the owner is Buch… make sense right? Hehe!



Located at Rizal Ave., They offer wide variety of choices, from grills to sizzling to boozes etc. 

Kinabuchs also offers Tamilok, a worm-like delicacy found in dead mangroves, and Crocodile meat. I tried my best to convince my hubby to order Tamilok for us but I guess this time the word “regret” doesn’t have its usual convincing powers. So instead of Tamilok, I ordered Sizzling Crocodile Sisig. My hubby tried to convince me not to order it but I told the waitress not to listen to him haha! This is my chance to try something out of the ordinary! Crocodile meat… imagine that!


To be fair with, Crocodile meat taste good! It’s softer than pork meat but a bit harder compared to chicken meat… I didn’t feel any disgust while eating it haha!

We also ordered Calamares, Dinakdakan, San Mig for my hubby and Kinabuchs Float for me.






Delicious, affordable and yes, big servings! That’s what Kinabuchs is about! 


Hope you'll find this useful.
Enjoy life and much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment